FAQ - Sedona Arts Center
- The Sedona Arts Center buildings are handicap accessible. Free parking is available in the courtyard between buildings and at the bottom of the hill adjacent to the Art Barn.
- What airport do people fly into? Generally students use Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix, and rent a car. It is about a 2 hour drive from the airport to Sedona. For those that would prefer not to drive there are shuttles to Sedona and there is lodging next door to the Arts Center.
- Does the Sedona Arts Center have online registration? This is a new feature we are implementing this year in mid summer along with a fresh website design.
- Are there any recommendations for lodging in Sedona? Sponsoring resorts and hotels offer a 10% discount to our students (See FAQ/School).
- Do you have any recommendations for restaurants and places to go after hours? Yes, please see Links.
- Are there classes and workshops for rank beginners? Yes, most workshops are for all levels, but see page 30 for a list of workshops especially good for beginners.
- What times do workshops meet? The first meeting of each workshop will be 10am to 5pm, subsequent days will meet from 9 am to 4 pm, one hour is allocated for lunch each day.
- Administrative Offices are open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday. The offices are closed for holidays. Member Fine Arts Gallery hours are 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Community Exhibition Gallery hours vary depending on the exhibition.
FAQ - School of the Arts
Most Workshops are for All Levels
Figurative and Plein Air Painting courses require some previous painting and/or drawing experience.
For details about Registration Information, Travel and Lodging, Scholarships and Cancellation Policy -
The first day of each workshop will begin at 10 am and end at 5 pm, subsequent days meet from 9 am to 4 pm with an hour lunch break. Field Expeditions and other Plein Air classes may hold different hours to capture the optimal light.
- Payment may be made online by selecting your desired art experience, workshop, field expedition or class. Click through the specific date of the program shown in purple to the registration page of each offering.
- To pay by phone with a credit card: call the Sedona Arts Center toll-free at 888.954.4442 or locally at 928.282.3809.
- To pay by check: make check out to Sedona Arts Center and mail to P.O. Box 569, Sedona, Arizona 86339. Please note the workshop name, your mailing address, phone and email address.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
Art Workshops: $100 deposit is non-refundable. The balance of the tuition is due 30 days before first day of the workshop. The student's credit card will be charged for the amount due at that time. There are no refunds after the 30 day cut-off date.
Cancellations for all workshops must be in writing and received by the Sedona Arts Center before the 30 day cut-off date for the workshop. Emails are not accepted.
Field Expeditions: Each expedition has its own payment and cancellation policy; these can be reviewed online or call for details.
Cancellations for Year-round Classes are accepted up to 7 days before the first day of class for a 15% fee. There are no refunds after the 7-day cut-off date.
There are absolutely no refunds after the 30 day cut-off date for any reason. The Sedona Arts Center is not responsible for providing make-ups or issuing refunds, credits or transfers for sessions missed as a result of illnesses, emergencies or other events beyond our control. Students will receive a full tuition refund only in the event that the Arts Center cancels a workshop. We strongly urge students to purchase refundable airline tickets in case of workshop cancellations or other unforeseen changes. The Arts Center is not responsible for non-refundable ticket purchases.
Scholarship funds are available each year to students that will benefit and have a financial need. Scholarships are funded by donations to the Sedona Arts Center Scholarship fund. Scholarships can pay up to half of the tuition for a workshop. Application Form
College credit is available for many Sedona Arts Center workshops through Coconino Community College, Art Department, Flagstaff, Arizona. For more information contact Alan Petersen at 928.226.4322 or email email@example.com.
FAQ - Member Galleries
- Member Fine Arts Gallery hours are 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Community Exhibition Gallery hours vary depending on the exhibition.
- The Sedona Arts Center Galleries are wheel chair accessible. Free parking is available in the courtyard between buildings and at the bottom of the hill adjacent to the Art Barn.
- We exhibit and sell works of art from over 100 local artists, photographers, jewelry designers, ceramicists and sculptors. Our artists are juried in twice a year and range from emerging to world class.
- Gallery Submission Criteria - Artists may submit their portfolio and application for inclusion in the Member Fine Arts Gallery twice a year. Submissions are taken from Jan 1-31 and July 1-31. Click here for the application.
FAQ -Community Exhibition Gallery (SEG)
- Special Exhibition Gallery hours vary depending on the exhibition. Guest exhibitions are required to provide their own personnel to during exhibition hours.
- The SEG was funded by the Sedona Arts organizations and is available for a small fee for exhibitions and shows during the year. If interested, please contact Janet Collins through the Administrative Office to discuss your event.
FAQ - Events
- The Sedona Arts Center buildings are handicap and wheelchair accessible.
- Free parking is available in the courtyard between buildings and at the bottom of the hill adjacent to the Art Barn.
- All events must be approved by the Executive Director and scheduled with the Administrative office.
- Activities on campus need to be courteous of scheduled classes and workshops in session. Educational activities take precedence. Other guidelines for activities are available from the Administrative Offices.
FAQ - Rentals
Our campus offers spaces for both indoor and outdoor events in our tiered Sculpture Garden, Community Exhibition Gallery, Fine Arts Galleries and Theatre Classroom. Art Studios and classrooms are also available for independent class offerings and meetings. Call 928.282.3809 for more information.